Caring of People & Advancing Life Society was registered in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh under the Societies Registration Act (XXI) of 1860 on February 22, 2000, by a group of professionals who shared a dream to work on a people-concentric model of development in areas of public health, education, women empowerment, community development and social welfare. Inspired by Gandhian ideals of social change, COPAL primary objective is to:
- Empower the poor and marginalised;
- Provide shelter to the sick and destitute;
- Promote community health programmes and services;
- Support literacy centres and e-learning;
- Work towards empowerment of women;
- Facilitate livelihood programmes;
- Help the poor access information and resources;
- Work for environment protection and conservation.
At Caring of People & Advancing Life Society, we have an organizational structure crafted to produce efficient monitoring, smooth supervision, candid communication and nurturing guidance for its members. The day-to-day work of planning and implementation is overseen by the director, who is accountable to the Governing body of Society. However, the organization has a decentralized structure, where decision making is made easy. Matters pertaining to decisions at various levels have been delegated to the field staff, up till organization’s lowest rank and file. The communication in the organization flows in both directions: bottom-up and top-down, as per the work requirement. We have a well-defined HR policy for our employees. A clear and explicit job description helps reduce duplication of work and optimal use of our resources.